Pages - Menu

09 August 2013

Hydrangea by Shuzo Fujimoto

Designer :  Shuzo Fujimoto

Started on 31 May 2013.

Hydrangea is the first tessellation I tried. Nice thing is it requires just one paper.

Reference: http://youtu.be/3Y3EcpOSSRs
Paper used: Color printer paper.

Size:

  1. 12"x12"(above picture in which I was able to do 6 layers)  
  2. 8.5 inch x 8.5 inch (below picture), this is the largest square we can get from 8.5 " x 11 " printer sheet. I did 3 , 4 and 5 layered Hydrangea


Difficulty:

Moderate, at a couple of folds I got confused, paused and watched the folds again and again, turned my paper front and back to understand the fold. Finally gotcha!!!

First attempt - 31 May 2013, I folded 3 layers. In the video Sara Adams clearly tells how to get another layer. I got little confused and stopped at 3 layers.

Second attempt - 3rd and 4th June:  I realized how to fold another layer and folded 4 layers and 5 layers.

Finally folded up to 6 layers and framed it.

Printer paper is good to fold, especially slightly thicker paper, not too thick, it becomes difficult to fold multiple layers.

Interesting read:

http://www.coolmath4kids.com/tesspag1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment