One of the basic folds in Origami is the Square Base.Square Base is invariably used in many modules.
Following are the steps to make a Square Base.
1. To start with, I am taking a 6 inch square sheet. Colored on one side and white on the other.
2. Fold the paper (colored side up) in half vertically.
3. Fold the paper in half horizontally to get the below crease on the white side.
4. Fold the paper along the diagonal with white side up.
5. Repeat the folding along the other diagonal, with white side up, to get the below crease.
6. With these folds, we have divided the paper into four squares. For the final step, press the center of the square (marked in blue) inwards. Bring the two sides, marked in black, on the line, marked in orange. The two orange lines lie on each other.
After the fold it looks something like this: