Origami Crane(orizuru in Japan) is a traditional and one of the most famous Origami designs. It is a simple and great model to try for beginners. It is also considered very auspicious in Japan.
Difficulty : Simple and great for beginners.
Time Required : 10 - 15 min
No of sheets: One square sheet. I have used 6 inch square sheet for the model in the photo.
Starting from Square Base, following are step by step folds to make an Origami Crane.
1. Square Base - http://or1gam1.blogspot.com/2013/12/how-to-make-origami-square-base.html
4. Open the triangle and the two side folds. Create a diamond like fold like below, by bringing the tip up following the creases created.
5. Repeat on the other side to get the below step
6. Repeat step 2 on the above fold. Repeat for the other side.
7. To get the neck. Squash fold like below.
8. Repeat on the other side, to get the tail
9. Fold the two upward flaps to get the wings
9. Squash fold the neck to get a beak.
Extend the wings to collapse the sharp upper triangle to get the body of the crane
Video tutorial available here: